When you first set up your Digital TV, you must take steps to find the digital channels available to you. This process is called "scanning" or "searching for channels." If you have a Analog TV, DVR or a Digital Receiver it is not necessary to scan.
How Do I Scan?.
To begin scanning for channels, use your remote control and the menu function.
Look for the menu button on the remote and consult your digital TV or converter box owner's manual for instructions. The up/down and left/right buttons move you through the on-screen menu.
All Televsions are different in terms of rescanning procedures. The following is a general guide, but the steps or the terminology may be different for your device:
1) Press the “Menu” button on your Digital TV remote
2) Go to “Setup” or “Settings”
3) Go to “Installation” or “System” or “Channels”
4) Go to “Scan channels”, “Program channels”, “Autoscan”, “Autoprogram”, or “Autotuning”
5) Press “Select” or “Enter” or “OK” to start the scan
Note: Typically, you will need to press the right arrow button or “Select”, “Enter”, or “OK” to choose an option. The up/down and left/right arrow buttons or the up/down channel and volume buttons should move you through the menu choices.
Once you start, don't press any buttons until the screen says the scan is complete. This process can take a few minutes.